Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) Springfield, Illinois
To support ongoing growth, HSHS invested $32 million in facilities that ranged from remodeling new operating room suites to the construction of new care facilities. Learn how e-Builder helped.
"A few years ago, auditors evaluated our system and noted that our paperwork and documentation systems were weak."Hospital Sisters Health SystemTim Ferguson, System Director Facilities Management
Over the last decade, the healthcare provider has nearly doubled the number of primary care and specialty practitioners to meet growing needs. To support ongoing growth, HSHS invested $32 million in facilities that ranged from remodeling new operating room suites to the construction of new care facilities. HSHS was named “Most Wired” by the 19th Annual Health Care’s Most Wired Survey in July 2017. Administered by the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Health Forum, the survey examines how hospital organizations are leveraging IT to improve performance.
- In ability to track and manage documents in a central locations for easy access.
- Difficulty managing change orders in a timely manner.
- Need for a user-friendly system that could be used across the organization.
- One of the key advantages of using the e-Builder Documents module is that all project members are able to access the most up-to-date files from any location, at any time.
- Change orders that use to take 6-8 weeks to complete are completed in less than a week.
- Team members are able to work on files collectively, check files in and out of the system, and redline documents while maintaining document version control.